We absolutely love working with other creative individuals in this industry. It is just so cool to see someone work their craft in such a flawless way. Monica Walsh, owner of Ideal Bridal, is someone who is immensely talented. I wish I had an ounce of her talent when it comes to the art of hair and make up. She executes flawless looks for brides on their wedding day all while enhancing her client's natural beauty. Not only is she gifted with hair & make up, but she has got to be one of the funnest vendors we have worked with.
1. How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as "Natural Glamour". I focus on highlighting my clients best features by enhancing their natural beauty. I believe it's important to not take away from the beauty they were born with!
2. What makeup brands or products do you feel like you use the most and why? I LOVE "Tarté" foundation. It provides a flawless full coverage for 12 hours AND is all organic! It's cream-base leaves the clients skin looking youthful and matte. I also love Urban Decay and MAC for eyeshadows. They are highly pigmented and photograph wonderfully.
3. What got you started in hair & make up? My interest in the field stemmed from my own passion for hair, makeup and fashion. When I studied Nutrition at Mesa Community College, I found myself day dreaming about what to do with my hair next. My hair stylist at the time was a HUGE inspiration and helped push me to enroll at The Paul Mitchell School in Phoenix. With the overwhelming support of my friends and family, I graduated and almost immediately started being involved in weddings. So happy I made the career change!
4. How long have you been doing hair & make up? I have been doing hair and makeup for friends and family since I was 17!! Experimenting with hair color and cutting on the willing (lol). However, I have been an "official" professional for 3 years.
5. Do you work strictly with one client or can you provide services for multiple clients? (example: bride only or bride & bridal party) Ideal Bridal actually requires a 3 person minimum. My average wedding is 6 girls (hair and makeup). This includes Mother of the Brides and Groom. I actually have done a 12 person wedding before! My services usually take 45 minutes- 1 hour per person (hair and makeup).
6. Do you use inspiration photographs when coming up with someones 'look' for the day, such as wedding dress, venue, decor, etc? I really believe in an open-line of communication with my clients. It is their special day and I feel so fortunate to be a part of it! With that being said, I listen to the brides wants and go from there. By the time I meet with the bride, they usually have exactly what they want on their Pinterest boards! Every now and again I do have brides that allow me to contribute to the look they are going for - those are always so fun for me!
7. Do you travel to the location or prefer do have clients come to your location? Ideal Bridal is freelance only, so I always go on location! My clients never have to meet up with me, I always go to them.
8. What is one thing other than your career as a makeup artist & hairstylist that you are passionate about? Other than Hair and Makeup artistry, I am passionate about doing all I can to help homeless animals. I recently started gathering donations and sponsoring animals at adoption centers. Posting on social media as much as I can to get them one step closer to finding a loving/forever home!
9. If you could have any actress play you in a movie, who would you pick and why? If I could pick an actress to play me in a movie, it would be Scarlett Johansson. She is confident and quirky. She also recently wrote an article about "True Beauty" and posted a photo of her without makeup. I LOVE that she is teaching young women that inner beauty is so powerful and that beauty is SO much more that physical.
10. If you could pack your bags and leave for a month long vacation, where would you go? If I could pack my bags and leave for a month, I would go to Hawaii! I've never been before and I would love to enjoy the beach and experience the culture.
For more information on Monica and Ideal Bridal, feel free to visit her
. If you're interested in more information on how to adopt one of the pets that